I’m not entirely sure what a Liebster Award is, but I got one from my friend Plaid over at Plenty of Paladins!
She gave me eleven questions to answer. So let’s dive right into those.
1. What is your favorite thing about WoW?
Hmm … pets! No … mounts! No … achievements! No … raiding! No … friends! argh! It’s everything! Or at least, enough things that I can’t pick just one. Wait. Maybe THAT is my favorite thing about WoW … the fact there are SO many things I like about it that it is nearly impossible for me to ever get bored.
2. If you could add or change one thing about character customization what would it be and why?
One thing I’ve seen in more recent games is the ability to change the height and build of your character. It doesn’t have to be drastic, but just being able to tweak those a bit so that not every character is a carbon copy of everyone else would be a nice addition.
3. Why did you pick your preferred class (if you have one.)? Was it the first thing you rolled?
The first thing I rolled was a hunter. I still have her and love her dearly. But, as she ventured into Naxx in my first tier of raiding, I took notice of other classes. I raided as a DK and a mage through most of the second half of Wrath, before switching to the paladin that I am most known for nowadays. The running joke around here is that I have a paladin problem. I suppose that could be true, since I have two at 90 and two more at 85 and 86. But I also have three DKs at 90, so ya know … I’ve also gotten every class to at least 85 now, so even though paladin is my main, I do goof around on them all and enjoy trying different ones.
4. What is your favorite WoW race and why?
Hmm, let’s see. Can I pick just one?
I love my male blood elves. But I hate their mounts and I’m not all that enamored with their lore. So I don’t think they can really be my favorites. Also, the female stickfigures with the fingernails-on-chalkboard laugh? Not happening.
Tauren! Their lore is a lot more interesting to me. I love their connection to nature and the Earthmother. Oh, but wait. Sunwalkers. Yeah, I take that back. Also, I feel huge and clumsy even on my ladies. I can’t imagine playing a bull tauren.
Forsaken! Best dance. Best animations. Best voices. Best mounts. Best city. Totally awesome lore and architecture. Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken! Death to the Scourge! And death to the living! *shivers* Best. Cinematic. EVAR. Are they evil? Well, yeah, Putress certainly was. And they can’t be paladins. But still … yeah, totally the best race.
5. What is the luckiest thing that’s ever happened to you in game?
Finding Loque’nahak on my birthday in 2009. No, it wasn’t the first time I’d gone looking for him. I’d been camping him for a couple of months. But to have him appear right in front of me on my birthday of all days? That was special.
6. What do you think is the nicest thing somebody has ever done for you in game?
I … don’t know. So many people have done so many nice things, I’m afraid if I mention only one, that I won’t be giving due credit to someone else, so I’m going to have to pass on this one. Sorry.
7. If you could play any race on either faction (Horde Draenei for example) would you still play what you do? If not, what would you play instead.
I don’t think I would change. I’m not fond of most of the Alliance races. Most of the ones I have are human males. But the humans, at least the ones I have, are so deeply ingrained into the Alliance … there’s no way they would ever defect to the Horde. And most Alliance switching sides wouldn’t make any sense. Worgen .. in the Horde? Alongside the Forsaken? The Gilneans allowed the worgen to be brought forth in order to counteract the invasion of their lands by the Scourge! There’s no way … just no. Draenei siding with orcs? Come on.
Going the opposite way … I could see blood elves in the Alliance. And possibly Tauren as well. But … yeah. I’d pretty much just stick with what I’m playing. I hope they never allow this, to be honest.
8. What are your plans for Warlords?
Already pre-purchased. I wasn’t too sure about raiding a couple of months ago, but now that I’ve settled in with That Guild I plan to keep raiding. I suspect I will have to continue to improve at ret, especially since we are joining forces with another 10 man guild to do Mythic and will have more need of people who can fill multiple roles. But I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it. Super excited about garrisons.
9. Did Mists of Pandaria meet with your expectations? Why or why not?
Yeah, it did. The continent is gorgeous, they really did an outstanding job on the artwork. The storylines were very well done… so much lore added to the game! Monks are fun to play, and the Pandaren are not just cartoon bears, they are a very deep race with a rich history. Oh, and don’t forget PET BATTLEZ! I wasn’t fond of the daily grind at the beginning of the expansion, but I wasn’t alone in that. I did Wrathion’s questline, grudgingly. I hope they never do that again. It changed legendaries from something special into something required. Right now, if the guild wanted me to change mains because we needed some other class or role covered, and (rightfully) expected me to get a legendary cloak on that character, I wouldn’t do it. This questline is completely biased against alts and people who like to play more than one character or class. I hope Wrathion ends up as a raid boss someday because I want to kick his little dragon teeth in. Repeatedly.
10. What is your favorite major city?
Am I a traitor to the Horde if I say Stormwind? Too bad. Stormwind.
11. Do you or will you play any other MMOs?
I have played others on the side. D3 for a bit when it first came out because I got it free. Neverwinter for awhile because … ok, because Tome was playing and made it sound fun, and it was, but once I got to max level I got bored with it. Star Wars when it first came out because my entire guild pretty much went over there. I played and raided with them until they got bored and quit and I wandered back to WoW full time. I have never actually left WoW since I first began playing in May of 2008. I don’t want to, either. I will try out Heroes of the Storm when it comes out. But, as with everything else, it will be ‘on the side’. Nothing can take the place of WoW.
Ok, that’s as far as I am going to get. Make up some miscellaneous facts about me in your head, I have too much work to do. Sorry! If you haven’t been tagged, feel free to consider yourself tagged. Ok fine, let me see if I can find someone I know who hasn’t been … or at least someone who hasn’t posted one yet even if they were nominated already!
Frost and Claws
That Was An Accident!
There! Oh, I have to come up with questions for them, too?
1. Are you a screenshot taker? How many do you have? Post one of your favorites.
2. How did you get started playing WoW?
3. What is your favorite instance and why? This can be a raid, dungeon, or scenario.
4. If you could leave the Horde/Alliance and join another faction, which one would you join?
5. What is your favorite battle pet?
6. What in-game item do you want the most but haven’t gotten yet?
7. What class have you never quite been able to level/not gotten the hang of?
8. Were you happy with MoP? What was your favorite thing/least favorite thing about the expansion?
9. Are you looking forward to WoD? Why/why not?
10. Who is your favorite faction leader?
11. Do you collect transmog gear?
You really want facts about me? Oh fine.
1. I grew up in a town of 300 people. It didn’t even have a stop light.
2. I have a dog and a cat.
3. I work at a zoo.
4. I play a lot of male characters but yet, I really am female.
5. I don’t own a tv. Well, I do, but that’s just because I haven’t thrown out the old one I have that doesn’t get the new HD signals or whatever. It isn’t used.
6. I once met George Takei at a Trek convention. Yes, it’s ok to be jealous.
7. I like big cars. Like, the traditional 4-door fullsize sedans. I hate SUVs.
8. Mexican is my favorite kind of food.
9. I don’t drink coffee. I have a can of Mtn Dew for breakfast every morning instead.
10. The third word I ever spoke, after mama and dada, was horsey. I had a horse when I was growing up. Therefore, it’s no surprise that my favorite mounts in-game are all horses.
11. I like snow.
Ok. Now I *really* have to get back to work! ^.^